Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Visit to the Cabbage Patch

You cannot be a special travelling doll visiting the state of Georgia without paying a visit to Babyland General, the birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Dolls.  It is quite an event!



There were so many dolls to look at. 



These are the 1st two dolls made by Mr. Xavier Roberts.  We were told he still hand signs the cloth dolls.  His signature on the dolls' bums is what inspired me to put an apple on my dolls!  Can you see how much they are worth now?  Wowsers.



All of the cloth dolls here are hand made by local artists. 



Peek-a-boo!



An original Andy Warhol painting hangs in one of the nurseries.  Lots of famous people have visited here over the years.



The Great Cabbage Patch, where baby dolls are born. 



Lots of fun!

4 comments:

  1. oh dear God!!!! take Lunette off that humoungous doll person sitting on a rocking chair....ahhhhh!! you've done it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be such an interesting place to visit. I still can't understand why they were so popular but they must have touched many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited there when I was a little girl. It was magical. :) My parents couldn't afford the doll at the time because the were so hot and you could only get one on a secondary market so we did the next best thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I had no idea a place like this even existed! I would love to go for a visit it looks so interesting. Love the adult sized doll too! Ive been thinking that would be a fun project to make a huge doll!

    ReplyDelete